We had a local professor (PHD…hence the whole “doctor thing) contact us about his ailing old XS650 he had collecting dust in his garage. He wanted it all made right but he also wanted a bit of the “not off the shelf” appeal. So we had our marching orders and got busy.
This bike is based off of a 1978 XS650 Standard. As with all of the bikes I build it was tore down to the bare frame and modifications were done then it got sand blasted and powder coated semi-gloss black. A 1970 Harley/Aermacchi Sprint tank has been used and it too was powder coated in semi-gloss black. The low mileage motor was gone through and certain seals and gaskets needed to be replaced. Then it got a thorough cleaning and has been given an epoxy based high temp finish.
The engine cases, tappet covers & points covers have been powder coated.
Lots of new parts have been installed including:
• New mechanical advance & advance rod
• New Pamco electronic ignition
• New steering bearings
• New bronze swing arm bushings
• New bates style head light
• New custom made tail light
• New Firestone ANS (Army/Navy Surplus) tires
• New Goodyear tubes
• Re-built Mikuni BS38 carbs
• New front brake master cylinder
• New brake shoes & pads
• New leather solo seat
• New pod air filters
• New drive chain
• New cables
• Modified stock head pipes with “Shorty” mufflers
Interested in having one built? we can be contacted at www.stcustoms.net
COMMENTS HAVE MOVED TO OUR FACEBOOK GROUP - CLICK BELOW
VISIT FACEBOOK GROUP HERE!