Jeremy’s XS BOBBER

a2012-noid-xs650_012

I bought this bike six months ago. it had a TC Bros hard tail on it. everything was in boxes but from what I could tell it was all there. I got to it, finished welding the frame put a sporty tank on it but I didn’t like how it looked so I got alien tank from monster craftsman. Next I wired it in one night. I have wired a bunch of sohc cb750s and 550s, but this was my first xs.

a2012-IMAG0778

a2012-noid-xs650_017

So I found a wiring diagram but I couldn’t print it out so used my cell phone three inch screen got it right the first time. I put a 16 on the back. for sprockets I ordered the biggest front and smallest rear I could find 18 and 30 I think. The headlight is off a kz1000 police bike. it was a spot light, I brazed some copper on the light. this is the third bike that I have built and it went together pretty smooth. I hid some of the electrical in copper tubing. The tank and fender were rattle canned white then my wife worked her magic with a sharpie.

Comments

1. Pickles says:

Definitely a great build. Rough and ready, and I love the seat and tank!

2. El Gaucho says:

I like the sharpie work. very folk artsy.

3. Bobnanza says:

Great job Jeremy,
    Tell us where you got the seat. It looks rad with that backrest.on it.
    Keep up the good buuilds and keep us posted.

4. Jeremy says:

Thanks for the comments, when I went to check the bike out the guy that had is a well known builder in northern California, he had the seat sitting on the bike so I bought it on and he was cool enough to throw it in.

5. randy l says:

What jets are you running in the carbs with the short exhaust

6. jeremy says:

I’m running stock jets but I opened them up with a torch cleaner, I went up two steps with my torch cleaner if you do that be sure you have everything else dialed. With the exaust I had some Volkswagen pea shooter mufflers I used on a cb550 I built a couple of years ago. I cut the baffels out used about a inch and half of the baffel. After I did that it was running pretty good but it still had a flat spot so I went to the local napa auto parts and got a small exaust pipe adapter 1.5 to 2 inch I think, then I got some 7/8 tubing drilled a bunch of holes in it. I welded the tubing to a big flat washer then I welder it to the exaust adapter I was able to slip the adapter into the pipe it sounded good so I welded it up and it fixed all my air fuel problems. I was very happy how the exaust sounds it does get a bit hot but it looks cool and that’s all that matters.

7. misfitskinny says:

love that old school seat and the paint on tank sweet too.