Another TC bros tail and sporty tank.

xs650-chop-noid-IMG_4855

This is my current project. It is a 81 xs that i picked up from colorado and had shipped to Vegas. I have been working on it as much as possible trying to get it ready for spring.. spring is here and I’m not ready.

xs650-chop-noid-IMG_4856

xs650-chop-noid-IMG_4858

xs650-chop-noid-photo_2

Jason

Comments

1. Uncle Bear says:

Looking good, you’re almost riding. I like the 16″ wheels, how much clearance do you have between the front tire and frontend?

That is AWESOME !!!

3. Barney says:

A TC Bros tail and a sporty tank makes a great combination. That’s what I’m doing. Is the bike going to be the color of the rear fender? Good luck in completion, there will be plenty of riding time.

4. Jason says:

Thanks.. I really wanted to run the 16″ front wheel.. The clearance between the tire and forks is not a problem. It was a little close to the fender mounts but I have since shaved them off. The clearance problem I do have is.. the caliper was designed for a 19″ wheel so it doesnt just slide on. I considered running no front brake but everyone scared me out of that. I think if I put the caliper on the disc before bolting it to the hub I can get it to work. Converting to the 16″ front has been a pain but it did come out looking sweet.

Everything on the bike is going to be matte black except for the fender and tank which are going to be white. The fender just came painted that color.

5. Sean from boston says:

Looks good excited to see it done

6. mark says:

look great love the fat tires with the white wall looking forward to seeing it finished

7. hellbent says:

No…. not another one.

8. Uncle Bear says:

What make are your rims and tires?

9. Jason says:

The rear wheel is stock powdercoated with new spokes. The front wheel is a stock rear rim powdercoated and laced to a front hub. Buchanans made the spokes and it ran me $150 because I had to send them the wheel. They should have the specs on file now so it would only be like $105 and you wouldnt have to ship them your wheel.

Everyone I asked said to use a harley front wheel but I wanted the rims to match so I did it this way.

10. Jason says:

Oh yeah the tires are shinko

11. Uncle Bear says:

Great info, thanks.

12. Sean from boston says:

Nothing wrong with a sporty tank and tc tail it looks good and is affordable.still can’t wait to see it finished

13. Qball says:

Theres a reason they`re common. They look great together! I`m hoping to have one of my own. The more the merrier!

14. shawn says:

i like the fat tire up front..looks good man!