Japanese brat built In Britain by a Zimbabwean
Hey! I got my first learner bike 2 years ago and got my full licence about 8 months ago. I always wanted an XS650 and found one on Ebay 2 1/2 months ago (1981 Custom). My first build is now complete.
All work was complete by myself apart from paint and final weld on the visual impact kit once cut and aligned. The kick start nearly broke my leg after the first few kicks post build. I believe it was the timing that was out. I have switched from the 8″ inch risers to the flat bars now which make for a much more fun ride. THIS SITE has helped me no end and I am proud of what I have achieved with no previous background knowledge. Thank you to all those who have shared their knowledge.
Listed below are the key changes and upgrades:
– Visual Impact Brat Kit
– Mikes XS Pamco, ignition coil and PMA kit
– Mikes XS mini master cylinder
– Mini controls from Classic Bike Shop UK
– Complete simple rewire with internal routing
– Pod filters
– Biltwell solo seat
– 11″ shocks
– New 106 link chain as 104 ended up to short after lowering bike
– Honda Z50 monkey 8″ bike riser bars now switched to flat drags
– Custom made fender struts with lugs welded to swing arm for further fender support
– Cut down ribbed rear fender from Classic Bike Shop UK
– Matt powder coated frame, swing arm, fender and 2.4 gal sportster tank
– Gloss black powder coated wheels
– Chrome effect powder coated triple tree, bar clamps and carb top cases
– All engine cases and forks polished
– Engine thoroughly cleaned and re-sprayed
– Custom made number plate mount
– Bates style 4 1/2 headlight
– keyless ignition
– 12v 0.8ah cigarette box sized battery
– Custom made tank sticker which I am not sure about
– Carbs ultrasonically cleaned and completely rebuilt.
– Standard jetting a present but have spare jets should they be needed
– Avon speedmaster 19″ front tyre
– 130/90-16 71H Continental K112 rear tyre
I think that is it. I might pull the stickers and change the grips.
Thanks for looking!