Shrek no more

xs650-chop-noid-Cropped_bike

Tables – A while back I felt the urge to build a Bobber, being a Harley rider I was going that way but then I found this site and my mind was set….an XS650 it would be. Here in Australia these things still pull a few bucks so I looked for a basket case but all I could find were over priced rust buckets. Then I came across what would be the basis for my project, the lime green survivor chopper that I went on to name Shrek. Ok so it wasn’t a Bobber but what the hey, all I wanted was something to amuse myself for a while anyway, so a raked, stretched and raped handmade hardtail it would be. Here in Oz it is impossible to get this Old School stuff re-registered these days so luck was on my side that this beast had been registered constantly since the day it was built. So with 7 days rego left I got the bike home, cleaned the tea leaves from the carbs, re fitted the chain, scared the gremlins out of the electrics and promptly rode Shrek to the rego in spection station. Once another year was paid for I promptly rode the beast home and stripped her down. My intention has always been to modify every single piece of her in some way and so far I have done just that. Here is my story….

Comments

I’m perplexed, does the story end here or continue ? …Or does it end at the beginning like some movies.

I like the color and looks cool to ride.

3. nick says:

Don’t like the color but bike looks good.

4. Barney says:

Crikey, fanoboss likes a color other that black! It’s cool to hear about people bucking the system to be able to ride what they want. Regulations have been over done.

5. magpie says:

WTH is it with the vehicle reg in Australia? Don’t you people have a computer system? Or do you have “bugs” and “viruses?” OMG I know what happened. The government computers were “hacked into” by the “Russian Mafia.”

6. tom says:

the aussie transport department has a large disliking for anything in the slightest way custom. The hoops ya need to jump through to get a modified frame bike registered are a nightmare. My bike was the same way, had to pay the rego before i could start chopping anything off the ol girl

7. Tables says:

G’day again,
    The story is yet to follow, I had trouble with uploading stuff so I sent what I could at the time. I am actually not far off finishing Shrek, but as the name states it is ‘Shrek no more’. Sorry Fanoboss but most of the bikes is now black, and there will be a bit of fish scale work on the tank. There isn’t much left the same, as I had planned almost everything has ahd a little tweek here or there.
    Stay tuned for the next mediocre installment.
    Tables

8. buster says:

im green with envy

9. mike lytle says:

@ fanoboss…….just what shade of BLACK is this??????????/

10. Dennis says:

Now we wait with baited breath…..phewwww,,,! It would be interesting to hear any sort of explanation from Aussie beaurocrats for the trouble they give bike builders. Does it stop there, or is it any custom creation? Also be interesting to hear why you ozzies don’t “Occupy Oz” and get them to back off.

Of course, that’s what we should be doing here as well. butt… I digress….

Good go, Tables!

11. Dennis says:

BTW, yer wife must be Chairs…….. correct?

12. Barney says:

@ mike lytle, lime green IS the new black! Must be 3 of them this week!

13. mike lytle says:

@ Dennis…………..LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!

14. Ted says:

I noticed it too there’s been about three lime green bikes the past two weeks..

15. Tables says:

All going well there should be an up date on the rebirth of Shrek coming very soon, posted yesterday….over to you Ted.
    Tables

16. Tables says:

Thanks for your email Ted, I have sent you my updated pics etc. see More Shrek no more.
    Cheers

17. Matt robarts says:

I think this might be the bike my grandfather Irebuild together in the late 90’s. I have been trying to track it down since its was sold when my grandmother was diagnosed with cancer. i saw it in on ebay a couple of years back but wasn’t able to buy it.
    and it was originally candy red with a mustang tank