Tom – I spotted this bike for sale on the side of the road near my home and straight away had to have it. Even though when i bought it, it was a completely different animal. The hardtail was already welded on so i had a solid base to work from. After getting her home i found it had no spark due to dodgy wires, so after a lot of head scratching and wire twisting i had that problem solved. (not an easy task as the previous owner had chopped out most of the origional wires and none of the wire colours matched the diagram i had) Next i found the carbys had seen better days so they got thrown out and replaced with some neat mikunis and pod filters.
Now with good spark and fuel the old girl fired to life on the 2nd kick. I found a sporty tank at a swap meet and bolted that on after having a freind throw on a coat of paint. I found a solo bates style seat, exhaust and the 40cm apes at a local shop for a good price as well as a new front brake leaver and master cylinder.
I bent and welded up a rear fender strut from some left over scraps from work and made the licence plate mount from the same, with the stop light from an old trailer. Im pretty happy with how she turned out, rough as guts and loud as hell!
COMMENTS HAVE MOVED TO OUR FACEBOOK GROUP - CLICK BELOW
VISIT FACEBOOK GROUP HERE!