It sat in the corner of my place until a couple months ago when i decided to tear it apart and build another chopper out of her. The only remaining parts from v.1 are the front half of the frame, the engine, and the engine mounts.
The bike now has a 0″ stretch, 3″ drop hardtail. I made the sissy bar, exhaust pipes, electronics box, foot controls, and all the mounts for things like the master cylinder, exhaust, fender, seat, etc. i wanted to run a 19-21 combo for wheels, so i built the rear wheel using a harley hub, a 19″ front rim, and stainless spokes.
The front wheel is a chrome ball spool with stainless spokes. i also knew i wanted to run fully chromed forks with shrouds, so i ended up using an entire narrow glide front end. i shaved the upper clamp, cut off the lock tab and reshaped the lower.
I am running 2″ under tubes with a lowering kit. The shrouds and tapered lowers are from Lowbrow Customs that i had chromed.
I have replaced 98% of the bikes hardware with shaved and polished stainless fasteners. I shaved the Yamaha logo from the clutch cover and had it and the sprocket cover polished.
The electrics container houses my battery, and mini fuse block. the top of it has a hinged door that is accessed by lifting up the seat. the few wires this bike has were ran inside the frame and the taillight wires were ran through a piece of brake line i welded to the underside of the fender.
Thats pretty much it. I just wanted to make a simple, no frills bike that had a little more attention to detail, and fit/finish.
Submitted by Andrew
COMMENTS HAVE MOVED TO OUR FACEBOOK GROUP - CLICK BELOW
VISIT FACEBOOK GROUP HERE!