79 XS650 and lookin for ideas

xs650-chop-dsdgsg

I got this bike a few months back, i wanna chane the tank and color scheme, add disc brakes, does anyone know how well a late model triumph tank look and how difficult to put on!!

xs650-chop-rtrtetertert

Jae

Comments

cool color

2. Andrew says:

I think it would look alot better, and possibly a different headlight a bates maybe, i would like to see it a burnt orange with silver stencils.

3. xsBuM says:

thats a beatiful chopper bro.

if it were up to me i would just go with a color change
    but even then the color looks nice already.

4. xsBuM says:

*beautiful

5. mike lytle says:

Jae, i agree with xsBuM. that is a very nice looking bike. but it’s yours and it should be what you want or are able to build. personalizing you ride is what it’s all about!!

6. norm younger says:

id leave it alone.

7. eric says:

if it were mine i’d change the tank into a harley sportbob tank or a sportster tank, mount it as horizontal as possible( don’t know if it’s an easy job or not) and I’d put on another headlight, i’d leave the color, i like it. wish you succes Jae!

eric

8. Barney says:

Nice bike, i love it. The only bobber i’ve seen with a coffin tank and it fits. LEAVE IT ALONE, DON’T #@$& WITH IT.

9. idaho chad says:

Dude, please hit me up if your gonna get rid of that tank. I got a sketchy king and queen seat build that needs a coffin tank to go with it.

10. iocwa says:

I really like the look of this bike as well… but I think the coffin tank needs that King Queen seat… :0)

Ted, I agree with you mate. The more curvey Triumph tank would balance the look of the bike better. There are a few bikes on XS650CHOPPER with the Triumph tanks….

Tanks aren’t that hard to mount. Once you have the tank and you fiddle around with it a bit, everything usually falls into place. Try and use the existing mounts on the tank if you can.

Man I’d leave the drum brake on the back… Looks stylin, very retro.

Nice ride mate…

11. Guy says:

GEEZ MATE, DON’T LIMIT YOUR BIKE TO ONE LOOK! I’VE GOT A WHOLE WARDROBE FOR MINE. MULTIPLE TANKS, REAR GUARDS, BARS, PIPES …ETC. ITS LIKE OWNING THREE OR MORE BIKES WITH ONE REGO.

My only quirk is the curved fender support and jarring sharpness of the frame.

13. 77metricbobber says:

If your looking for a peanut tank I have an old frisco tank I was going to use but used a 98 sportster tank instead, I would be willing to trade for the coffin tank that thing is sick

14. Shane says:

I really like the color, and another commenter said make it interchangeable. That would be a cool thing to do I think.

15. reynoldburton says:

Why changing to rear disk? It won´t improve anything – if it´s for looks only, then go for it.

Rear disc looks very modern…

17. Barney says:

I think i should buy this bike from this dude.