billy hess – first xs build

xs650-chop-noid-IMG00340-20110105-0250

I bought the bike in November, looking like hell, and started to work immediately on it.  Everything from the seat pan to the forward controls are done by hand.

xs650-chop-noid-IMG00341-20110105-0250

xs650-chop-noid-IMG00342-20110105-0250

xs650-chop-noid-IMG00343-20110105-0251

It is now February and all that is left is the forward control linkage and chain.  It will be ready for spring.

Comments

1. Smithy says:

Lookin good pal don’t loose the ’13’ ok …shes a magic number !
    Keep up the great work…Smithy

2. Qball says:

Sweet build! I like the paint job on the tank. but wont you cook your ankles?

I keep mine tripled chain locked !!!! coolness

4. Russ says:

looks good, put a bicycle innertube over your chain and run it through your frame and around something solid. As is all the gotta do is remove your rear wheel. Years ago a buddy and i went to a local titty bar…oops I mean watering hole, We were parked right in front of the doors, I had ran a cable & lock through my front spokes and around my forks, He ran a chain through his rear wheel & frame (we should have locked them together) When we came out mine was bound up tight where it wouldnt roll anymore & his was gone… I refuse to tell the rest of the story on grounds it may incrimanate us

5. Fabbastard says:

Snappy lookin ride dude. But I’m with Q, you may really consider extending those front pegs out a bit. Crisp toast is good, crisp ankles is not. Great job though!

6. Barney says:

Nice bike! I got mine in November also and it’s not even a rolling chassis yet 🙁 I don’t plan on having it done this summer anyway.

7. Jimmy650 says:

Dig the rising sun and the blacked out motor!

8. Max says:

What did you do for the bracket holding that batt box it looks slick I like the way it all kind of fills in that gap down there.

9. PATRIX says:

Meaty overall presentation on your bike Billy..congrats. I agree with peg length comments, love your tank scheme…but I feel your colour choice on the seat and battery box diminishes the finesse of the rest of your build.Great work BILLY!

10. Robbo says:

Love the tank theme perfect on a bike like this.. unsure about the matching battery box as well.. looks ok on the seat though..

11. Billy Hess says:

i welded 16g sheet metal and the forward controls are not fully thought out. it seem the threaded rod im using for the pegs bend a little bit when its at the right with so i dont burn my self and yes i did find out the hard way.

12. sean from boston says:

nice looking bike man!

13. hooversama says:

cool bike…..i dig the blacked out motor too….
    spend a few dollars and buy a seat……
    if you’ve gone this far, why skimp on that?

the bike is way too cool for that seat.

peace.

14. RichieB says:

I dig the rising sun on the side of the tank-it looks dope. What’s the headlight from? Also, what’s up with the electrical box. Is it still in primer? I think you should black it out too. But hell, no matter. It’s a great lookin bike!

15. T says:

Looks badass. I’d like to know more about that headlight too..