SCRAP COPPER

xs650-chop-noid-100_6363

This is my 1980 xs650. This took me 6 weeks start to finish.has a tc bros.hardtail section,jockey shift and clutch (shifter fom a ford model t trans),1941 chevy gas cap,1950s delta rocket bicycle lights used for blinkers(originaly batt. operated) ford model a brass mirror.

xs650-chop-noid-100_6364

Hammered copper head light.copper tubing for wire runs,1 1/2 copper exhaust.hand made wire harrness.4 1/2 wide rear fender,with home made struts,all forward controls and misc brakets are home made.straight drag bars,old school bicycle grips.

xs650-chop-noid-100_6365

The fake oil tank is made from a cup hole cutter from a golf corse and two old tail lights to look like a rocket.batt box made from 30s and 60s new york state worlds fair license plates and a old belt with brass buckle.sportster tank copper coated,and 5 inch seat springs.

xs650-chop-noid-100_6366

xs650-chop-noid-100_6370

jason ludwin

Comments

1. Morgan says:

Awesome! Hows the copper pipe on the exhaust handle the heat?

2. sean from boston says:

the bike looks great! just be careful coppers up in price keep an eye on that beauty while its parked

3. theFATman says:

yeah i really might try that with copper pipe cause i can bend it myself….. how does it handle the heat… how did you attach the pipe to the headers?

4. rM says:

I am going to assume the copper handles it just fine. If you look at the coloration, when copper heats up it turns a bluish-purple and that is right at the connection. The rest of the tube is unchanged, so the bulk of the heat transfer is right there.

5. jason says:

the way i attached the copper to the headers,i used 1 1/2 copper with a copling o the end to the header,riveted coupling to head pipe and copper,also siver soldered both ends,also used muffler clamps from a 400xs,from header to copper fitting,the 45 on the ends are just silver soldered and riveted.it handles the heat just fine,but it will tatto you real easy………

6. bloodyknuckle choppers says:

nice work brother. diggin yer scoot

7. AU nation says:

i like the look man.. what size tank is that? and where did you find a copper tank? or was it made for this project ??

8. jason ludwin says:

Just a aftermarket sportster tank,with this real cool copper paint I found.has real copper in it,if you don’t clear it,,,,it patinnas

9. Philthy78 says:

NICE!!! The more I look at it, the more I like it. I definately wouldn’t do my bike that way and I think that’s why I like it so much. It feels very personal. I dig that more than anything.

10. jason says:

this can be for sale for the right price..

11. Dylan S says:

So turns out I bought this bike outside up cobleskill, NY. The copper had mostly been painted black….. and alot of the stuff had changed, minus the jockey shift… It is is the shop for the winter being completely remodeled. Going to be a totally different bike… so just remember the one you see here is no more…

12. mike lytle says:

so let the metamorphosis begin

13. Dennis says:

Wow, I always liked this bike too. Good luck Dylan.

14. casey says: