Low budget bobber

xs650-chop-noid-40371_1390225397292_1281810308_30985916_7484585_n

My friends step dad had this bike sitting in his garage. He said if I got it running again I could have it. I decided to make some sort of bobber out of it before I even got it running. I wasn’t positive that i was going to get it running again so i didn’t want to invest much money into it.

xs650-chop-noid-38954_1390224277264_1281810308_30985899_6285254_n

The seat is made out of an old street sign, the back fender is from the front fender, the bars are the originals cut up and re-welded back together, exhaust is a eight dollar pipe from menards and a 7 dollar break light from napa…

xs650-chop-noid-38779_1390224997282_1281810308_30985908_1712785_n

xs650-chop-noid-40676_1390224837278_1281810308_30985904_4849158_n

Those kind of things made the bike very inexpensive. I had a lot of fun playing around and experimenting with the bike. hope to build a hardtail bobber from the ground up some day, but this bike feeds my cravings for now.
Dan Narloch

Comments

1. sean from boston says:

yet another Great! looking low budget bobber built by the xs650 crowd. awesome bike!

2. EJ says:

I would love to see some side photos of the bike. With the photos you have, you really can’t see much of the bikes details.

3. TonyM. says:

Great submission and awesome work! I would also like to see some more photos, please.

4. cassio says:

i dont even care what the bike looks like, you’re doing it right!
    keep it up

5. I like it dude, nothing is better then a cool bike for a couple bucks

6. marcus abel says:

This is what the XS is all about. A great blank canvas for personal expression. The low cost builds are a sentimental favorite!

7. Scott says:

Looks great. i love the discovery factor in using what was around you for the bike. The little disk that holds the choke lever on my bike walked away one day so as a short fix i drilled a small hole in a coke bottle cap. It’s been there for over a year now. Great job man. Keep up the good work.

8. danNar says:

The mountain scramble looks awesome. im in minnesota so the ride there isnt too far. I’m gunna look into it more, but i would like to try and do that.

9. label027 says:

Awesome job on the bike man. Where are you at in Minnesota? I’m from the cities and thinking about picking up one of these things and digging into it as a winter project. That is, if I am able to sell my current bike… Something like your is exactly my goal. Great work.

10. danNar says:

Im in White Bear Lake. good luck with your build!

11. zack says:

thats awesome and give me so much motivation to do the same. im lookin around for a cheap xs now and wanna do basically this just a few things different. i would also love to see a side view. it looks sick cuz i dont wanna cut the rear shocks but somehow yours looks super low with them and badass without it being a hard tail. email me some if you could cuz your pics are inspiring me already! thanks

12. norm younger says:

Cant really see the bike any other pics.