Junkyard Roller from The Chop Shop in Jefferson

noid-roller_with_tank

The Chop Shop in Jefferson South Dakota

This is my first custom bike, my friend Harley VanKirk from the Chop Shop in Jefferson and I have been working on getting this bike done we should be having it on the gig here in the next few weeks.  I’m using  a 200mm 18inch rear and front.

noid-1202090041c

We have alot of big pot holes around sioux city and i was always kinda worried about losing a tire in on of them on my old Honda 750.

noid-0210000139

noid-0929091928

Comments

1. Tech7 says:

What’s the story with the valve cover?

2. jesus says:

Something wicked this way comes!

3. Blackwidow says:

Like Tech7 said whats the story with the valvecover is it the gastank?

4. hooversama says:

duh…..its not a gas tank…he’s just holding it there waiting for the tractor to come along.

5. paul says:

very nice project, with the valves cover will be a wonderful gastank.

6. tadd442 says:

LOL!!
    Hope the tractor comes soon…his fingers are probably getting tired.

7. Spun says:

Tractor for a gas tank? no way.

8. tadd442 says:

no-no-no…a TRACTORS gas tank, not a tractor FOR a gas tank….that would be silly….and would mess up his balance in the process.
    What would be cool is, using valve covers from an international truck or something like that for a gas tank…

9. Tech7 says:

That’s what I assume the idea is? Valve cover looks like from a 345 or 392 International V8. They also used an inline 4 that used one V8 cylinder head. Just something from my useless information file. If that is indeed the idea, I could think of some more attractive valve cover/gas tanks. Well, really thinking outside the box. Good luck with that.

10. Blackwidow says:

that will definately get attention really cool and a great idea

11. Tech7 says:

Really, what’s with the valve cover ? It’ starting to hurt my head.

12. Zombie says:

Thanks for all the comments, I was away from the internet for a while. I didn’t really look into a lot of different kinds of valve covers, just what they had at the junk yard. I am getting her up on the jig as soon as the shop gets a roller in. I hope it turns heads but if people don’t like it they can look away. This one is built by me for me.

13. Zombie says:

I was walking through the junkyard getting parts one day, lights, shifter handles, tail lights, any random parts that I could think of. I wanted to do something I haven’t seen before. I also wanted to have a somewhat board track racer look with a pretty flat under slung gas tank. Then I walked up to a semi block and thought, valve cover… I called Harley and asked it that would work and he said yes and wasn’t really sold on the idea till the metal was cut. Its an unconventional style but that fits me.

14. Tech7 says:

Can’t wait to see more! Love junkyard explorations. Great use of imagination.

15. zombie says:

Thanks I am really trying to make a junkyard bike smooth and nice to ride. Harley is going to make a girder front end for it. Hey I bet you know how the auto advance and the points system work on these bikes. This is the first time I’ve ever done any of this. I want to but in an electronic ignition but not sure how. Do you have any idea’s?

16. Tech7 says:

Well, the pre 1980 engines had a mechanical advance. These you can install a Pamco or Boyer Brandsen electronic system. After 79, they had electronic ignition. Check out MikesXS.com.

17. Zombie says:

thanks man. Its a 76 so it has mechanical advance, i found that part on Mikes for around 80 so thats what I’m doing, a couple more parts to strip off.

18. I like your attitude, – I like your style, I like your approach, …- and I have a feelin I’m gonna like your gastank…^5….

19. sean from boston says:

bumpdates ?

20. norm younger says:

any pics of the completed bike?

21. We are almost done a 650 using 18 X 5.5 60 spoke 200mm front and back. Harley style rigid frame. Improvise, Overcome, Adapt, XS650 projects are ( in my opinion ) accepted more so if the builder doesn’t spend on expensive catalog parts that are usually out of reach for most. A client of our shop dropped off a set of stainless steel in ground pool handles that we used to make the exhaust. Bike is on our Fabrication page at chopperworks.ca the concept is on the art page. New pics in a coupe of months hopefully. People don’t get the rocker cover gas tank idea?……….wow. That’s cool.

22. Oops I should have wrote the bike is pictured under the Rigid page.