Fat Yama

noid-photo(7)

I had a 1976 Honda CB750 built for me this past summer and it just didn’t look right for me. So I sold it and used the funds to build a bobber exactly the way I wanted it. I’m getting all my help from Rick Brandt, a local here in Minnesota.

noid-IMG_0834

noid-IMG_0827

He has been very helpful with executing everything exactly the way I want it and teaching me all the tricks of the trade. A lot of careful planning has gone into this bike to make it what it is. That’s what happens when winter comes in Minnesota..

noid-IMG_0635
noid-IMG_0582
Anyway, I’ve posted on some local forums but here’s a slimmed down version of the build so far. I call her Fat Yama.. Fatboy wheels and a Yamaha.. get it?? Enjoy!

David Chang

Comments

1. Ted says:

Wow David. I am really digging the Fatboy wheels, looks really sweet. I am always seeing Fatboy wheels on Craigslist and have thought they would look good on a 650

I grew up outside Minneapolis Minnesota in Northfield. Where you guys at?

Definitely send in some more pictures when you get it all together..

2. reynoldburton says:

Yesterday I found this on www

Looks nearly like the same bike, hehe 😉

The next eyecandy here on that board, really love this one too.

3. Joel Mekolites says:

very nice!!!!!

4. Jeremy says:

I’ve been following this on ChopperUnderground. Hope to see this bike at the Bearded Lady Motorcycle Show this summer!

5. David says:

Thanks guys, keep checking back, I’ll definitely be updating frequently.

Ted, I’m familiar with Northfield, use to go there every weekend to visit my lady at Carleton. I’m from Minneapolis and that’s where the bike is too.

6. Kevin says:

This bike is looking sick! So low! The wheels/ tires look massive but not out of place. Did you guys fab that hardtail yourselves to get the right drop and axle size? I agree with your message board post about needing a different exhaust. I think it’s a little out of place and too normal. You need some killer pipes to really set this bike off! Can’t wait to see this bike finished.

7. Blackwidow says:

That thing is super sick man I love them wheels down to them whitewalls one of my favorite bikes right here

8. Blackwidow says:

the 4 under lowered it then right??Normally they say a 2 under is perfect for these bikes so was that ebay springer decent quality??Was it easy to adapt??Did you have to step up to 1″ bars??

9. HoeyUno says:

Looks good. I have the exact questions blackwidow is asking about those ebay springers.

10. David says:

yep, 4 under lowered it. i’m about 4 inches off the ground. it appears to be decent quality and rick, the guy that’s helping me has one on his harley and he hasn’t had any complaints at all. it was easy to adapt, just look at tcu, i think there’s a thread that tells ya what bearings you need to use. i can’t remember off the top of my head. finally, i had 1″ clipons made but i’m sure you can make 7/8’s fit too. let me know if there are any other questions.

11. kenb says:

Looks like you will be cruzin with flare! Nice lookin ride, let us see the completed scoot.

12. CHAD says:

sick bike,I love it..

13. Ben says:

Nice…fattness. I think the fat tire is starting a new vibe with xs crew. I love it. I put those wheels on a shovel bobber I did and I love them. It looks really good if you have access to a Big lathe, and grind out the rough centers out of those wheels with a little added scotch brite love. It made big difference for couple hundred bucks or less. bstacy55 is my youtube channel if u wanna see what I’m talking about. Well.. i’m half popped and babling. So thanks for listening. Nice bike.

David the fender is so perfect !! Great Job !!! It looks ready for the salt flats !!!! : )>

15. Mark says: