1970 Yamaha XS650 Bhopper

redrimxs6501

Makes Small Children Cry.

” 81 XS650 Engine: Bored 80 over, polished heads, exhaust torque cones, port optimizers, Mikuni VM RS36 carbs (from Michael Morse), short straight pipes, upgraded clutch, hi-output ignition coils, plugs, and wires, kick and electric start, new AGM battery.

NEED more?

Click to enlarge

Click to enlarge

h

1,500.00 Invested

The engine is strong, just needs the carbs tuned (jetting is very close, just neeed tweaking to match exhaust/ignition). Ive this engine an 8 out of 10 as far as performance and reliability. It’s running very rich at the moment. The only mechanical problem is some minor blow by through the Valve Guide(s). Which is causing some white smoke. This is an easy fix on this engine (and I am including two sets of heads with valves, cam, rocker covers,etc). Compression is good. Well over 1,500.00 invested into just upgrades on this engine.

Welds Verified With X-Ray

Frame & Body: Custom rigid frame (all welds verified with X-ray), 16” ape hangers, custom tensioner, custom forward controls, new grips, new seat, tank is rust free and sealed, Ford Model 30 taillight (license plate bracket), new Avon tires (less than 20 miles on each).

This bike is fun and a definite head turner. I personally built this machine and I now the quality of work that was put into it. Its not some hack job that you commonly find anymore. If you are a weekend warrior, scared to get your hands dirty, don’t know how to use tools, or you’re an inexperienced rider, then this bike is definitely not for you. It’s fast, rattles your fillings out, hardly stops, and makes small children cry.

Thanks – Chris

Good looking bike bro..

Did you enjoy this post?

Why not Send in some pics of your xs650…

dsc01269

Comments

1. jesse coyne says:

thats just straight up gnarly!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. edge says:

How did you get the Yamaha writing off of the motor? I’m trying to figure out how to go about doing that to my bike.

3. Thanks. I didn’t even realize my bike was on this site! It’s going through an overhaul now (new engine and some other mods).

To get the Yamaha off just grind away. Of course dont just gouge into it, you have to caress it and take even layers off. Pretty easy overall.

4. Ted says:

Chris? “destroyourself” is that you man?

5. Im rebuilding this…..

6. Ted says:

Cool Man, send in pics when you get it back together..

7. Tony P says:

Wow, this bike blows my mind. I’ve always been a “street fighter” type of guy, never thought I’d be into choppers and bobbers, but there are some amazing machines on this site. ESPECIALLY THIS ONE. I am going to seek out an XS to buy, and this bike is my inspiration. Thanks so much for posting.

8. ben says:

hi, i have an ’82 xs650 heritage special and can’t seem to get spark. i replaced the ignitor box, and the coil (i’ve tried 3 coils). there is power getting to the coil but none at the plugs. what do i do next?

9. El Gaucho says:

I’m really sorry to have to do this, but as a welder who does X-ray stuff for a living, I have to call BS on your claim. In order for a pipe or tube weld to be X-rayed, the pill has to be inserted inside the pipe/tube via a vehicle (robotic or RC) Where would you have an access point to do that? And Xray is only good for butt welds. It cannot develope through a t joint. If you have any butt welded tube on your bike, It had better have a slug inside or i wouldn’t want anything to do with it anyway. And then with the slug, you couldn’t xray it anyway. Not saying the welds aren’t nice or sound, but don’t make sh!t up to make it sound good. Remember, there’s always gonna be someone who knows better that’ll call you out on it.

10. Justin says:

Hey Man Im working on pretty much building a clone of this thing now. With some diff stuff. But I love this bike. What did you use for a tire & wheel combo? And Whats the stretch on the tail??? Thanks!